Missions @ Grand
EVERYONE IS A MISSIONARY
We take Jesus’ words literally and seriously when he said to go and make disciples of all nations. We believe that this is a general call that all believers are to follow. The word nations in that verse is a key component and does not refer to the geo-political boundaries that man has created, but rather individual tribes or people groups living within those borders. The Greek word that we translate as nations is “ethne” from which we get our word “ethinic,” and would be better translated as tribes or people groups. It is then our intention to lead all of our members to fulfill the Great Commission by reaching with the gospel all “nations” or “tribes” here in the River Valley, as well as in the United States and the rest of the world.
IT IS ALL ABOUT MAKING DISCIPLES
Another key component to this statement that Jesus made in Matthew 28:19-20 is “making disciples.” As we continue to look at how the first Christians in the book of Acts fleshed this mandate out, we see that their strategy for making disciples was to plant churches. In the same way, we want to be about planting indigenous, reproducing churches here in the River Valley, and, also, in the state of Arkansas, the United States, and the rest of the world.
1. Everyone is a missionary.
- The Great Commission is a general calling for all believers. (John 20:21)
- We should each play a part in reaching out to our neighborhood, community, nation, and world. (Acts 1:8)
- We are God’s plan. (Romans 10:14-16)
2. It’s all about making disciples.
- We are called to make disciples, not converts. (Matthew 28:19)
- The gospel and discipleship flow through relationships. (John 1:40-42)
- Disciples are made through indigenous, reproducing churches. (Ephesians 4:15-16)
Your GO Checklist…
- Complete the C4 Training: Child Protection, Contingency, Cross-Cultural, and Core.
- Take the Say Something Personal Evangelism Class.
- Take the Xplore or Perspectives Class.
- Read “A Passion for the Heart of God” by John Zumwalt.
- Commit to seeing every opportunity around people as a time and place to get to the gospel.
- Commit to pray regularly for those who are your friends or family but are not yet followers of Jesus.
- Intentionally build bridges to those people near to you but far from God.
- Have a spiritual conversation or share the gospel with at least one person every three months.
- Engage monthly with those near to you but far from God where you live, work, and play.
- Go on a national or international mission trip at least every three years.
- Be involved in a Discipleship Group or Leadership Pipeline.
- Give financially towards missions.
- Join and be involved in at least one Mission Partnership Advocacy (MPA) Group.
- Commit to pray regularly for one of our partnerships.
- Leverage your online and social media activity to advocate for missions.
- Invite at least one person to church every six months.