January 17 is officially Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, but, at Grand, we celebrate it all month long!
One of the ways that we engage with the issue of sanctity of life is by supporting First Choice Pregnancy Medical Center. This wonderful, faith-based, nonprofit in our city is on the frontline of combatting the abortion issue. One of the ways they do this is by supporting the family through an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy.
In order to support families to choose life, they have a Mom’s Corner and a Baby Boutique where they help supply mom and the new baby with the essentials. Throughout the month of January, we will be helping them to stock up on much-needed supplies.
Purchase any of the items on the list below (no need to signup) and take these to First Choice Pregnancy Medical Center at 4622 Grand Ave. between Subway and the UA Campus Bookstore. Don’t bring them to the church! We want you to see where they are and what they are doing! Just take your items in there Monday-Tuesday: 9AM – 6PM or Wednesday-Friday: 9AM – 3PM.
Here’s their Needs List:
We started a Moms’ Corner:
- women’s socks
- hair accessories: Brushes, combs, headbands, clips, ponytail holders, etc.
- perfumes, lotions, body sprays
- Toiletries: deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, hair products, face wash, etc.
- Pens & Pencils, writing pads
- Pretty Coffee mugs/Stainless steel travel mugs
- Anything a woman would appreciate – most of our Moms do without things like this
Baby Boutique continued needs:
- Boys & Girls sleepers sizes: 9M, 12M, 18M & 24M
- Boys & Girls Socks all sizes: NB – 24 months
- Boys & Girls shoes for baby sizes
- Burp Cloths
- Homemade quilts
- Baby Girl – 24 months – Clip on hair bows
- fever thermometers
- baby grooming sets
- baby body wash, shampoo, and lotion
- Diaper Cream
- nursing pillows
- Baby Bath towels and wash cloths
- Crib sheets
- Diapers- (for now) : size 5
- Pac’N Plays
- Strollers (Regular & Umbrella)
- Infant seats
- Changing Tables
- High Chairs